Effective Date of Current Policy: November 11, 2019
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned, or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. “Personal Information” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us including when you:
Register an Account
Some of our Products give you the option of creating a user account (an “Account”). If you decide to create an Account, you will provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your user name and password. You are not required to register to use our Products.
Purchase a Direct Colors Product
When you make a purchase, you are given the option of logging into an Account or checking out as a guest. In either case, when you purchase a Direct Colors Product, you will provide us with Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and shipping address.
Make a Payment
When you make a payment to Direct Colors, you may need to provide Personal Information to our third-party payment processors. Such Personal Information may include sensitive Personal Information, such as your credit card number.
Submit Information to Us
We collect information you submit to us. For example, when you post a review of a Direct Colors product on directcolors.com or refer a friend to Direct Colors on directcolors.com, we receive the information in your submission, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of directcolors.com, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
Communicate with Us
We may also collect Personal Information from you when you communicate with us. For example, you may send us Personal Information by writing an email to us, calling our customer service department, subscribing to the Direct Colors newsletter, or making a reservation for an event hosted by Direct Colors. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Take a Survey
From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. For example, you may be asked to provide contact information as well as information about your location, household, gender or date of birth.
Our websites and applications collect and store information that is generated automatically as you use them, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our websites and applications (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer our Products. Non-personal information that we passively collect may be combined with other information about you, including Personal Information.
Information Provided by Third Parties
Direct Colors may collect information about you from third parties or supplement the information we collect from you with additional records received from third parties. If you place an order with a third-party retailer, that retailer will send your personal information to Direct Colors so that we can fulfill you order. We also collect information from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
We use Personal Information to facilitate and improve our Products, and communicate with you:
Internal and Service-related Usage
We use and retain information, including Personal Information, to improve and facilitate our Products. We may also use such data to help us deliver targeted advertising to consumers that is displayed on both Direct Colors websites and unaffiliated websites, to analyze interactions with and performance of our Products, to measure the effectiveness of advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement. We may also use data from third parties (such as data vendors) pursuant to their own privacy policies, and enhance information (including Personal Information) that we have collected with such third-party data. We believe that the use of such information is helpful in providing users with better services. However, you may opt out of these interest-based advertisements upon request.
We may send emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
We may use information about you, including Personal Information, to send you information about Direct Colors Products.
We may use anonymized, aggregated or other data that is not Personal Information for any purpose, including marketing. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of our Products, enabling us to improve our Products, and sharing such information with our business partners, affiliates, or any other third party. Similarly, we may enhance any such anonymized and aggregated data collected via our Products with other information collected from our business partners.