If you’re new to concrete staining, it can be hard to figure out exactly what materials and products you need to start and finish your project. But, with the right tools, anyone can use concrete antiquing stains to turn their patio, driveway, or other outdoor concrete into a work of art. For coloring concrete pavers, there’s no better product than Direct Colors’ Portico™ Stain.
DIY Kit Includes
- Portico™ Concrete Stain Color - 1 Gal
- Solvent-Based, Satin Finish, Acrylic Concrete Sealer - 1 Gal
- Cleaner & Degreaser Concentrate - 4 oz (Makes 1 Gal)
Application Tool: Pump sprayer
Cleanup: Mineral spirits
Coverage: Aproximately 200 sq. ft. per gallon depending on concrete porosity
Recommended Uses: Concrete brick paver patios, driveways, pool decks, walkways or any rough concrete surfaces
Note: Since this is a made to-order-product, we cannot offer refunds, exchanges, or returns.
Due to DOT-ORM-D regulations, this product cannot be expedited and can only be shipped by ground.
Portico is a semi-transparent stain, and not opaque, like paint. It will add a tint to your concrete pavers while allowing the existing texture to show through. It has twice the pigment of Direct Colors Antiquing
WHERE TO APPLY PORTICO STAIN
New or exisiting exterior concrete paver surfaces such as: Patios, Driveways, Pool Decks, and Walkways.
WHEN NOT TO APPLY PORTICO STAIN
DO NOT apply Portico Stain in poorly ventilated areas and/or very smooth concrete surfaces.
· New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days, and may be influenced by wet or dry weather
· Remove dirt and debris using a Concrete Cleaner & Degreaser Concentrate
· Clean floor thoroughly and make sure it is completely rinsed and dry before staining
· Protect surrounding areas from backplash with drop cloths or firm cardboard
· When working with multiple colors, do not apply tape to surfaces recently coated with stain or sealer, as adhesive may remove the coatings
· Shake Portico Paver Stain bottle thoroughly
· Pour the stain directly into a pump sprayer
· Continue to shake periodically during application to ensure particulate does not settle at the bottom
· Tip: Practice spraying on a piece of cardboard or newspaper
· Important: Test the color first, using a small corner area of your concrete paver floor
· Tip: Wear chemical resistant Spiked Shoes to prevent foot prints
· Apply Portico Paver Stain using a random, straight or circular motion until a "wet" appearance is achieved
· Allow 6 - 8 hours to dry before applying additional coats
· To complete the staining, a protective finish must be applied. Use a premium, easy-to-use sealer such as Direct Colors Acrylic Concrete Sealers
· Allow stain to dry 8 hours before applying a high quiality solvent-based acrylic concrete sealer
· For a perfect seal that protects your hard work for years to come, read our How to Apply Acrylic Concrete Sealer instructions
Click/Tap each question to hide/show the answers.