Introducing the Vibrance™ Dye Trial Kit, an easy and affordable way to test out different Vibrance™ Dye color options on indoor or outdoor concrete surfaces before making a final purchase decision. Our kit includes three Vibrance™ Dye color packets in 5-ounce sizes, as well as a choice of one sealer finish in a 4-ounce size, a foam brush applicator, and a 5-ounce acetone dye sprayer applicator, providing you with everything you need to try out various combinations and find the perfect look for your concrete surfaces.
When choosing a sealer type and finish, keep in mind that EasySeal™ is a strong-smelling, solvent-based sealer, while AcquaSeal™ is a low-odor, water-based sealer. However, EasySeal™ gives a deeper and darker color compared to AcquaSeal™ for both satin and gloss finishes.
Keep in mind, the included sealer is crucial for seeing the true final color of the stain. Customers who skip sealing and don't see any color usually just need to apply the sealer to bring out the actual color.
With the Vibrance™ Dye Trial Kit, you can test different color options and see how they look on your concrete surfaces before investing in a full-size purchase.
- Application Tools: Foam applicator for sealer & 5-ounce dye sprayer applicator (acetone not included)
- Dry Time: 4-8 hours
- Cleanup: Acetone
- Coverage: Approximately 5 sq. ft. per 5-ounce dye depending on concrete porosity
- Recommended Uses: Indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces.
- Trial Kits are non-returnable & non-refundable
How to Use the Vibrance™ Dye Trial Kit
The Vibrance™ Dye Trial Kit is designed to help you test different dye colors on surfaces before committing to a particular color. The kit includes three colors of your choice, a 5-ounce acetone dye sprayer applicator (acetone not included), one sealer, and one foam brush applicator. Follow these simple steps to achieve the best results and accurately assess the final color:
CAUTION: Acetone is extremely flammable, harmful if swallowed, or inhaled. Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Store and use with adequate ventilation, allowing airflow to disperse vapors. Before applying Vibrance™, open windows and doors and extinguish all open flames such as gas appliance pilot lights, candles, etc. Do not smoke, use a lighter or matches, or anything that could cause a potential spark.
- Choose an inconspicuous area: Choose a small, hidden section of the surface you plan to stain for testing colors without affecting the overall appearance of your project.
- Clean the surface: Remove any dirt, dust, or debris from the surface to ensure proper stain adhesion and color representation. Use a gentle cleaner and avoid any harsh chemicals that could damage the surface.
- Allow to dry completely: Wait for the surface to completely dry before moving on to the next step. This will prevent any moisture from interfering with the dye application and drying process.
- Prepare Vibrance™ Acetone Dye: Simply pour the entire 5-ounce packet of Vibrance™ Dye into the Preval container included in your kit, followed by adding 5 ounces of acetone to the container. Tightly seal the container with the provided lid and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Allow the mixture to sit for one hour before using it.
- Remove Preval filter and attach power unit: Before attaching the power unit, remove the Preval filter from the sprayer. Then, attach the Vibrance™ acetone dye-filled container to the power unit by turning it counterclockwise. Avoid shaking the sprayer, as it can interrupt the spray and cause it to sputter or stop working. If this happens, let the unit rest for 45 seconds before trying again.
- Apply Vibrance™ Acetone Dye: To apply the dye, start by spraying the Vibrance™ Dye in a continuous motion with the Preval sprayer. To avoid runs, release the button while the sprayer is still moving at the end of the stroke. Overlap your strokes and avoid tipping the sprayer past 45° to prevent product leakage from the vent hole located at the bottom of the power unit. Hold the sprayer upright, 5” away from the surface being sprayed, and keep it moving constantly. Spray at room temperature and apply 2 or more thin coats for the best results. To prevent "hot spotting" at the beginning or end of the dye stroke, start by spraying off the workpiece, move back across, release the button after moving completely off the workpiece, and repeat the process with a 35%-50% overlap.
- Allow to dry: Let the dye dry completely, which will take at least 8 hours. The color may appear faint after drying, but don't worry – it will become more vibrant once the sealer is applied. Be patient and allow the stain to dry for the recommended time to achieve the best results.
- Apply the sealer: To apply the sealer, dip the tip of the foam applicator brush into the sealer bottle and gently apply a thin coat to the surface. Let it dry before applying additional coats. Keep in mind that the sealer is a crucial component of the process and should not be skipped.
- Reuse Preval sprayer: To reuse the Preval sprayer with the other two dye colors in your Vibrance™ Dye Trial Kit, rinse the container with acetone and then spray clear acetone for 5 or 10 seconds to expel any dye internal buildup.
IMPORTANT: The dye color will wash off if the sealer is not applied. Skipping the sealer step will not give you the actual final color of the test.
Once you have completed these steps, you can accurately evaluate the final color and make an informed decision about which Vibrance™ Dye color to use on your project. Remember, the sealer is a crucial component of the process, so be sure to apply it to see the true final color.
Disclaimer: Direct Colors does not warranty or guarantee results (outcomes). Concrete variations or improper application may cause unintended results. Test product on an inconspicuous or small area and allow to fully cure to ensure compatibility and desired result.