AcquaTint™ is a low VOC, easy to apply, cost effective staining option to improve the look of interior concrete floors. AcquaTint™ is a colored concrete sealer so it has the same protective benefits as clear sealers with the color added bonus. AcquaTint™ is not paint so it will not completely cover concrete imperfections.
Trial Kit Includes
Select up to 3 different colors out of 30 colors (4 oz each)Foam Application Brushes (Qty 4)
Note: Since this is a made to-order-product, we cannot offer refunds, exchanges, or returns.
Due to DOT-ORM-D regulations, this product cannot be expedited and can only be shipped by ground.
WHERE TO APPLY ACQUATINT™
New or existing interior concrete surfaces such as: basements, kitchens, living rooms, and bathrooms.
WHEN NOT TO APPLY ACQUATINT™
DO NOT apply AcquaTint™ onto exterior, rough or highly porous concrete surfaces.
- New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days
- Floors that have been previously painted must be stripped using a paint & sealer stripper
- For better color adhesion, open up the concrete with an etching solution, such as Hard Troweled Floor Pre-Treatment
- Tip: Use Spiked Shoes during etching solution application to avoid shoe prints etched into the concrete surface
- Remove dirt and debris using a Concrete Cleaner & Degreaser Concentrate
- Clean floor thoroughly and make sure it is completely rinsed and dry before staining
- Protect surrounding areas from backplash with drop cloths or firm cardboard
- When working with multiple colors, do not apply tape to surfaces recently coated with stain or sealer, as adhesive may remove the coatings
- Shake AcquaTint™ bottle thoroughly
- Pour AcquaTint™ into paint tray
- Important: Test the color first, using a small corner area of your concrete slab
- Use a 3/8" nap roller to apply your first coat in a north-south direction
- Tip: Wear chemical resistant Spiked Shoes to prevent foot prints
- Tip: Do not apply pressure to the roller - this can cause streaking. Let the roller's weight do the work
- Allow 12 hours to dry
- Tip: Use a thumbnail to see if the initial coat dents or scratches; if so, allow more time to dry (cure)
- Apply second coat in the same manner as described above, except in an east-west direction
- Tip: If AcquaTint™ puddles immediately back roll with the 3/8" nap roller (soak in excess and wring out excess)
- Do not walk on wet AcquaTint™
- Allow 24 hours to dry
TOP COAT FLOOR WAX
- To complete the staining, a clear protective finish should be applied. Use our premium, easy-to-use Concrete Floor Wax
- Allow 3 - 4 hours before applying a second coat
- Allow 12 hours to dry before walking on it or placing furniture