| Introducing the DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kit - the perfect solution for those looking to try out different shades of acid stain on their concrete surface before committing to a full-size purchase. This kit includes everything you need to get started, including three 4 oz bottles of acid stain in your choice of shades and four foam application brushes. Plus, the kit also includes ProClean Neutralizer™, which is used to neutralize the acid stain after it has reacted with the concrete for the necessary time. With the DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kit, you can experiment and find the perfect look for your concrete coloring project with ease. It is highly recommended to test the acid stain on your concrete surface before committing to a full-size purchase due to the unpredictability of acid stain depending on the concrete composition. |
- Application Tool: Foam applicator
- Dry Time: Up to 12 hours depending on desired intensity
- Cleanup: ProClean Degreaser™ and warm water
- Coverage: Approximately 6 sq. ft. per 4-ounce bottles depending on concrete porosity
- Recommended Uses: Concrete surfaces
- Trial Kits are non-returnable & non-refundable
Using the DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kit is easy! Follow these steps to test out different color options on your surfaces:
1. Concrete Surface Preparation:
- Put on a dust mask to avoid inhaling dust and debris
- Sweep any debris from the larger concrete surface
- Clean with an organic degreaser and rinse completely
- Allow the concrete surface to dry completely
- Once the concrete surface is properly cleaned and free of debris, you're ready to stain
2. Applying the Concrete Acid Stain:
- Put on a dust mask, goggles, and safety gloves. Concrete acid stain can cause skin irritation and damage your eyes if used improperly.
- In the trial kit, you'll find three 4 oz bottles of concrete acid stain in shades of your choosing. Pick one or a few of your colors.
- Apply the concrete acid stain using the foam application brush. You can dab or brush the stain onto the surface depending on the project or desired effect. Apply the concrete stain in wet layers for a blended look or allow each previous layer to dry before applying another for a sharper transition between colors.
3. Neutralizing the Acid Stain:
- Mix one 4 oz bottle of ProClean Neutralizer™ with one gallon of water.
- Spray the ProClean Neutralizer™ on the entire surface and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Scrub the surface with a scrub brush.
- Rinse the surface with water until it's clear of residue.
4. Testing the Final Color:
- Remove all residue and excess color from the concrete before leaving it to dry.
- To test the final desired color, the clean, wet surface will be the approximate color of the final sealed surface.
- Dry for at least 8 hours before applying a concrete sealer.
5. Sealing the Concrete Surface:
- Put on your safety gloves, goggles, and dust mask.
- In the trial kit, you can choose one of two sealer options: solvent-based EasySeal™ or water-based AcquaSeal™. Both options are available in gloss or satin finish. The solvent-based EasySeal™ is a high-performance, penetrating sealer that provides long-lasting protection for your concrete surface. The water-based AcquaSeal™ is a non-yellowing, UV-resistant sealer that is easy to apply.
- Choose the finish that best suits your desired look. The gloss finish will give you a shiny, reflective look, while the satin finish will give you a slightly matte, but beautiful covering that will highlight the underlying color.
- Once you've chosen your sealer, cover one of the foam application brushes in the sealer and spread it evenly across the newly colored concrete surface. Apply in thin layers. Two coats are recommended for sufficient protection from UV rays, moisture, and other elements, and foot traffic.
- Allow the sealer to dry for up to 24 hours.
Note: It is important to apply the sealer after using the DecoGel™ Stain, as it is necessary to see the true final color
Disclaimer: Direct Colors does not warrant or guarantee results (outcomes). Concrete variations or improper application may cause unintended results. Test product on an inconspicuous or small area and allow to fully cure to ensure compatibility and desired result.