| Introducing the DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kit, a convenient and easy way to test different acid stain colors on concrete surfaces, including vertical applications like walls and columns, before committing to a full-size purchase. This kit comes with three 4-ounce bottles of DecoGel™ Acid Stain in your choice of colors, four foam applicators, and the ProClean Neutralizer™ to neutralize the acid stain after it reacts with the concrete. |
DecoGel™ Acid Stain is a versatile and user-friendly solution, specially formulated for vertical applications, allowing you to create unique and eye-catching finishes without worrying about drips or runs. The final result is a bright and variegated surface that stands out.
When choosing a sealer type and finish, keep in mind that EasySeal™ is a strong-smelling, solvent-based sealer, while AcquaSeal™ is a low-odor, water-based sealer. However, EasySeal™ gives a deeper and darker color compared to AcquaSeal™ for both satin and gloss finishes.
Use the DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kit to find the perfect color for your concrete project. Always test the acid stain on your concrete surface before buying a full-size product, as the final color may vary depending on the concrete composition.
- Application Tool: Foam applicator
- Dry Time: Up to 12 hours depending on desired intensity
- Cleanup: ProClean Degreaser™ and warm water
- Coverage: Approximately 6 sq. ft. per 4-ounce bottles depending on concrete porosity
- Recommended Uses: Indoor and outdoor vertical concrete surfaces.
- Trial Kits are non-returnable & non-refundable
How to Use the DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kit
The DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kit is designed for testing various stain colors on concrete surfaces before committing to a specific color. The kit includes three colors of your choice, one ProClean Neutralizer™, one sealer, and four foam application brushes. To achieve the best results and accurately assess your concrete surface's suitability for acid staining, follow these step-by-step instructions.
CAUTION: Harmful if swallowed or ingested. Contact with skin may cause irritation. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Choose an inconspicuous area: Choose a small, hidden section of the surface you plan to stain for testing colors without affecting the overall appearance of your project. Once the acid stain has reacted, the composition of the concrete will be permanently changed and cannot be removed, emphasizing the importance of testing in a hidden area.
- Clean the surface: Remove any dirt, dust, or debris from the surface to ensure proper stain reaction and color representation. Use a gentle cleaner and avoid any harsh chemicals that could damage the surface.
- Allow to dry: Allow the surface to dry, preventing moisture from interfering with the acid stain color strength reaction.
- Shake the DecoGel™ Stain bottle: Shake the 4-ounce stain bottle before opening.
- Saturate the foam applicator: Dip the foam applicator brush into the bottle and saturate it completely with the acid stain.
- Apply the stain: Use the saturated foam applicator to apply a generous coat of the stain to the surface. Let it dry for 30 minutes before applying additional coats. For a deeper color, apply up to two coats using the same method.
- Allow acid stain to react: Let DecoGel™ acid stain to react and develop color for 4-6 hours (richer colors may take longer).
- Prepare ProClean Neutralizer™ solution: Mix the included 4-ounce bottle of ProClean Neutralizer™ Concentrate with one gallon of water. After mixing, shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Allow the ProClean Neutralizer™ to sit for one minute before applying.
- Neutralize: After the desired color has developed, neutralize DecoGel™ acid stain using ProClean Neutralizer™ solution. Apply a saturating coat on the surface and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove Residue: Reapply ProClean Neutralizer™ to the concrete surface, as it also serves as a cleaner. Gently scrub the surface with a soft nylon bristle brush. Rinse the surface with water until it is clear of residue (repeat steps as needed). To ensure adequate cleaning, swipe your fingers across the rinsed and cleaned acid-stained surface. If no color or residue appears on your fingers, let the surface dry completely before applying the sealer.
- Allow to dry: Allow the acid stained concrete surface to dry completely, which will take at least 8 hours. The color may appear chalky and faint after drying but will become more vibrant once the sealer is applied. Be patient and allow the stain to dry for the recommended time for optimal results.
- Apply the sealer: The sealer plays a crucial role in the process, as it significantly enhances the color and contributes to the final appearance. Apply the sealer evenly over the stained area using a clean foam applicator brush.
IMPORTANT: The acid stain will appear chalky and faded without the sealer application. Skipping the sealer step will not provide the actual final color of the test.
Once you have completed these steps, you can accurately evaluate the final color and make an informed decision about which DecoGel™ Acid Stain color to use on your project. Remember, the sealer is a crucial component of the process, so be sure to apply it to see the true final color.
Disclaimer: Direct Colors does not warranty or guarantee results (outcomes). Concrete variations or improper application may cause unintended results. Test product on an inconspicuous or small area and allow to fully cure to ensure compatibility and desired result.