Shipping & Returns
NOTE as of 9/18/2020: Customers and businesses see price surges and shipping delays from UPS, FedEx, and others.
If you've purchased something online recently, you've probably seen higher shipping rates and slower deliveries.
What’s behind all this? With COVID-19, people have flocked to online purchasing, which has shipping companies reaching their limits as they struggle to deliver record numbers of packages. This high demand has shippers taking advantage by substantially boosting rates for both consumers and businesses alike. And oftentimes packages have been delayed or even damaged.
While Direct Colors has seen its shipping costs skyrocket, we have maintained our Free Shipping on orders over $75, upholding our commitment to you. For orders under this amount, customers are experiencing the higher shipping rates firsthand.
Direct Colors continues to grow at a record pace, but we have not missed a beat. Our manufacturing and fulfillment teams work round the clock to ensure your orders continue to ship on time. Yet rising fees and shipping delays are a sign of the times and are unfortunately out of our control.
In summary, here's what you may experience:
- Increased shipping rates on orders under $75
- Delayed delivery times
- Extended time for approved returns
We look forward to seeing your projects come to life and would love to hear from you. Show off your work by emailing a description and photos to [email protected].
Effective Date of Current Policy: August 13, 2019
All transit times are in business days only. Unless specified when the order is placed, no weekend delivery unless customer is paying for premium services. Most orders ship from Direct Colors main warehouse located in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
Free Shipping on Orders over $75.00*
*Shipping is free for orders over $75.00 shipped within the contiguous United States. Because we offer this discount, we reserve the right to ship the packages by the least expensive and reliable means possible. This includes shipments via US Postal Service, UPS SurePost and by freight using semi tractor-trailer. Orders weighing over 200 pounds may be shipped via freight truck. In these cases, we cannot guarantee same-day shipping. We will ship out the order at the earliest possible time according to the freight carrier's schedule. If you are unable to receive shipments via tractor-trailer, you may be required to pay the difference between the freight and ground shipping quotes.
Additional services requested for freight shipments will be billed to the customer. These include, but are not limited to Lift-gate Fees, Inside Delivery Fee, Construction Site Delivery and Appointment/Notification Fees.
Free Shipping excludes
- Certain special promotions
- Concrete Overlay
- Concrete Patching Compound
- Countertop Mix
- Puerto Rico
- Other US Territories
Shipping options are displayed during checkout, and in most cases only ground shipping is available. Shipping cost does not include additional duties, charges and/or taxes that may be incurred.
For expedited shipping services, freight shipments, or for orders placed outside the contiguous United States, please phone +1 (405) 275-6657 to place your order. For all other shipping inquiries, email [email protected]
Please note the following items cannot be expedited:
- Concrete Acid Stain (all sizes including samples)
- Concrete Antiquing Stain (all sizes including samples)
- Deco Gel Acid Stain (all sizes including samples)
- Epoxy Countertop Sealer
- Polyurethane Sealers (all sizes including samples)
- All Solvent-based sealers (this includes Tinted Solvent-based as well)
- 6oz. Aerosol Sprayer
Same-Day Shipping on Orders Placed Before 2 pm CST (Monday through Friday)
If an order is placed before 2 pm CST, we make every effort to ship out the same day. Orders made later will usually be shipped the next business day.
All customer shipping information must be correct at the time an order is placed. For address changes after orders have left our facility, Direct Colors will assess a per package fee, based on the amount charged by carrier. When the order ships, tracking numbers will be sent to the associated email.
Additional Charges for Freight Shipments
Typically, orders with a combined weight of over 200 lbs. will be shipped by freight and are handled differently. This requires a semi tractor-trailer and additional charges will apply for some special services. Special freight handling such as Delivery Notification, Inside Delivery Fee, and Lift-gate Services will be billed to the customer.
Freezing Temperature Considerations for Water-Based Products & Waxes
Water-based products may not be shipped in extreme cold weather, as it may freeze in transit. Customer may elect to continue with shipping, understanding the product may be unusable.
Direct Colors offers a limited warranty on our products, but do not guarantee the final look or outcome due to different application techniques, concrete batches and slabs. While the vast majority of projects produce beautiful finishes, each application is unique and will have different, sometimes unexpected results.
- Must be within 30 days of the purchase date.
- Unused, unopened products may be returned and refunded, excluding the shipping cost and a 20% restocking fee. For product exchanges of equal or greater price, the restocking fee is waived.
- Customer is responsible for all shipping fees and any related logistics.
- Must have an RMA number (see below).
*Note: Unused specialty items like custom concrete pigment, antiquing stains, or tinted concrete sealer cannot be returned or refunded under any circumstances.
Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA) Required
Prior to sending an "Acceptable Return" to Direct Colors, you must create a support ticket in your online account, or email [email protected] to:
- Communicate what is being returned
- Include your order number, name, address, phone number and date of purchase to process a refund
- Obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (an RMA)
- The RMA number must be included in the package with the returned merchandise
- Packages containing acid stain and marked "ORM-D" on the box must be shipped from a UPS or FedEx hub to return. UPS stores or other similar designated shipment points are not considered a hub
- If merchandise is returned without an RMA, no refund will be given
- 30 Days After Purchase: Products will not be refunded 30 days after the purchase date.
- 5-Gallon Acid Stain: Due to the United States Department of Transportation regulations, acid stain in 5-gallon containers cannot be returned due to its hazardous status.
- Unused specialty items like custom concrete pigment, liquid colored antique, or tinted concrete sealer cannot be returned or refunded under any circumstances.
- Partially used or opened products cannot be returned.
Package Damage or Loss
Damage to packages, though rare, does occur. Direct Colors provides claims resolution service when damage occurs. Our shipping department will re-ship as soon as a final determination by the shipping company is made. While we make every effort to see that packages are delivered in a timely manner, we have no control over the shipment after it leaves our facility. Tracking numbers are provided by email to allow customers the opportunity to follow the progress of their packages online.
If you receive a damaged package please contact Direct Colors immediately at +1 (405) 375-6657 or email [email protected] and reference your order number.
SALES & SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
The marketing team often announces sales and special promotions through social media, website, online ads and email. And while we make every effort to keep the sales and customer service teams informed, many promotions are created within hours of activation.
Good Faith Credit - 48/48 Policy: If you complete a purchase 48 hours prior to the beginning of a Direct Colors sale or promotion, you may be eligible for a credit for the difference between what you paid and the sale amount. To be eligible for a Good Faith Credit, items-purchased must be consistent with the exact details and parameters of a specific sale, regarding, but not limited to: "Size", "Amount", "Product Type", "Minimum Order Value", etc. To maintain eligibility for a credit, customers must email (not call) [email protected] within 48 hours of the final day of the promotion and must include:
- Order number
- Reference the Sale or Special Promotion
Direct Colors will follow up accordingly. If all the information is accurate, they will process a credit.
Due to the good faith nature of this policy, Direct Colors is not responsible for initiating credit on behalf of those customers who already made purchases. We encourage/invite all customers to stay aware of current and upcoming promotions.