Colored Concrete Sealer
|When you want to spruce up your concrete with some color but also want the protective benefits of a sealer, go for a tinted concrete sealer. With this convenient colorant, you can stain and seal in one step!
Colored Concrete Sealer Buying GuideIs the concrete surface that you’re looking to stain and seal inside or outside? When would you use water based sealers vs solvent based sealers? Don’t worry - we’re here to simplify what you need with this handy buying guide! You’ll be able to pick the tinted concrete sealer that’s best suited for your project.
How to Choose a Tinted SealerThe colored concrete sealer you’ll want to use is heavily dependent on where your concrete surface is.
For interior concrete, we recommend AcquaTint™ due to its low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) formulation. Water-based sealers like AcquaTint give off less harmful gas than other sealers, for example. It’s the eco friendly, safer choice for pets and kids.
For outdoor concrete, we recommend EasyTint™. This solvent-based sealer should not be applied in poorly ventilated areas, so exterior application is ideal. However, it may be used indoors if there is proper ventilation.
Pros of Tinted Concrete Sealer
- The concrete's age and composition will not impact this product's outcome
- Many colors to choose from and the stain can be built up to a solid color
- One step stain and seal
- Colored sealers can be used to add depth to already stained floors
- Fast turnaround time
- Cost-effective staining option
Cons of Tinted Concrete Sealer
- Will not cover your surface’s imperfections
- The surface must be completely dry after cleaning and before staining
- Outdoor concrete requires sealer maintenance
- Indoor concrete floors require wax maintenance