is a low VOC, easy to apply, cost effective staining option to improve the look of interior concrete floors. AcquaTint™
is a colored concrete sealer so it has the same protective benefits as clear sealers with the color added bonus. AcquaTint™ is not paint so it will not completely cover concrete imperfections.
Application Tool: 3/8″ nap roller
Location: Interior surfaces
Dry Time: 24-48 hours
Cleanup: Soap and water
Coverage: Approximately 200 sq. ft. per gallon depending on concrete porosity
Recommended Uses: Interior concrete floors such as basements, kitchens, living rooms and bathrooms
Note: Since this is a made to-order-product, we cannot offer refunds, exchanges, or returns.
Due to DOT-ORM-D regulations, this product cannot be expedited and can only be shipped by ground.
WHERE TO APPLY ACQUATINT™
New or existing interior concrete surfaces such as: basements, kitchens, living rooms, and bathrooms.
WHEN NOT TO APPLY ACQUATINT™
DO NOT apply AcquaTint™ onto exterior, rough or highly porous concrete surfaces.
· New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days
· Floors that have been previously painted must be stripped using a paint & sealer stripper
· For better color adhesion, open up the concrete with an etching solution, such as Hard Troweled Floor Pre-Treatment
· Tip: Use Spiked Shoes during etching solution application to avoid shoe prints etched into the concrete surface
· Remove dirt and debris using a Concrete Cleaner & Degreaser Concentrate
· Clean floor thoroughly and make sure it is completely rinsed and dry before staining
· Protect surrounding areas from backplash with drop cloths or firm cardboard
· When working with multiple colors, do not apply tape to surfaces recently coated with stain or sealer, as adhesive may remove the coatings
· Shake AcquaTint™ bottle thoroughly
· Pour AcquaTint™ into paint tray
· Important: Test the color first, using a small corner area of your concrete slab
· Use a 3/8" nap roller to apply your first coat in a north-south direction
· Tip: Wear chemical resistant Spiked Shoes to prevent foot prints
· Tip: Do not apply pressure to the roller - this can cause streaking. Let the roller's weight do the work
· Allow 12 hours to dry
· Tip: Use a thumbnail to see if the initial coat dents or scratches; if so, allow more time to dry (cure)
· Apply second coat in the same manner as described above, except in an east-west direction
· Tip: If AcquaTint™ puddles immediately back roll with the 3/8" nap roller (soak in excess and wring out excess)
· Do not walk on wet AcquaTint™
· Allow 24 hours to dry
TOP COAT FLOOR WAX
· To complete the staining, a clear protective finish should be applied. Use our premium, easy-to-use Concrete Floor Wax
· Allow 3 - 4 hours before applying a second coat
· Allow 12 hours to dry before walking on it or placing furniture
Click/Tap each question to hide/show the answers.