Direct Colors Penetrating Concrete Sealer, Hardener & Densifier is a clear, odorless, VOC compliant, water-based, matte finish concrete sealer, salt protectant and dust proofer that hardens, seals and densifies concrete. Penetrating sealer is a sealant that penetrates deep into the concrete surface where it chemically reacts with the cement particles within the pores. Penetrating sealers do not create a surface film nor chang ethe color or look of the surface
Penetrating Concrete Sealer Hardener will extend the life of any exterior concrete slab by reducing spalling and other problems caused by extreme weather conditions. If desired, penetrating sealer can also be used in conjunction with an acrylic for a gloss finish.
Our sealer provides all the protection of a high-end penetrating water repellant sealer and offers all the benefits of a surface hardener, sealer, and densifier. This product penetrates and seals by reacting chemically with the concrete surface forming a clear, dense and durable inorganic topical surface layer that is breathable, abrasion-resistant, and hydrophobic.
- Most durable sealer for indoor or outdoor concrete
- Matte finish concrete sealer
- Water-based indoor/outdoor penetrating concrete sealer
- Cost effective, one-time-only sealer application
- Coverage rate approximately 400 sq. ft. per gallon for smooth concrete.
- Perfect for integrally-colored concrete and polished concrete countertops
- Excellent salt resistant, non-slip sealer option
- VOC compliant in all 50 states
How To Apply Penetrating Concrete Sealer
• Apply the Penetrating Concrete Sealer, with a pump up sprayer. Spray enough to create/maintain a uniformly damp surface for 20 minutes. Apply more sealer only to areas that appear more dry or absorptive than others. No membrane should be forming on the surface.
• Squeegee away any excess sealer remaining on surface. Do not allow sealer to pool anywhere on the concrete.
• Allow to dry for 24 hours and begin polishing from 400-grit up to 3000-grit. consider repeating this step to be absolutely certain all concrete acid stain has been neutralized before cleaning.