Introducing the Portico™ Stain Trial Kit, the perfect choice for trying out color options on outdoor concrete surfaces before buying a full-size product. Our kit comes with 3 color choices in 4-ounce sizes, a choice of satin or gloss sealer in a 4-ounce size, and 4 foam applicators.
Portico™ Stain is a top-quality, semi-transparent paver stain designed to bring out the natural beauty of porous concrete surfaces. Known as the best stain for pavers, it's easy to use and great for a variety of outdoor surfaces, like driveways, walkways, patios, and pool decks.
When choosing a sealer type and finish, keep in mind that EasySeal™ is a strong-smelling, solvent-based sealer, while AcquaSeal™ is a low-odor, water-based sealer. However, EasySeal™ gives a deeper and darker color compared to AcquaSeal™ for both satin and gloss finishes.
Keep in mind, the included sealer is crucial for seeing the true final color of the stain. Customers who skip sealing and don't see any color usually just need to apply the sealer to bring out the actual color.
With the Portico™ Stain Trial Kit, you can test different color options and see how they look on your concrete surfaces before investing in a full-size purchase. Make sure you get the perfect look for your outdoor area.
- Application Tool: Foam applicator
- Dry Time: 6-8 hours before applying EasySeal™ (sealer application is required)
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits
- Coverage: Approximately 6 sq. ft. per 4-ounce bottles depending on concrete porosity
- Exterior Sealer: EasySeal™
- Recommended Uses: Stamped, broomed, or textured concrete
- Trial Kits are non-returnable & non-refundable
How to Use the Portico™ Stain Trial Kit
The Portico™ Stain Trial Kit is an easy-to-use product designed to help you test different stain colors on surfaces before committing to a particular color. The kit includes three colors of your choice, one sealer, and four foam application brushes. To achieve the best results and accurately assess the final color, follow these step-by-step instructions.
CAUTION: Portico™ is flammable, harmful if swallowed, or inhaled. Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Store and use with adequate ventilation, allowing airflow to disperse vapors. Before applying Portico™, open windows and doors and extinguish all open flames such as gas appliance pilot lights, candles, etc. Do not smoke, use a lighter or matches, or anything that could cause a potential spark.
- Choose an inconspicuous area: Select a small, hidden area on the surface you plan to stain. This will allow you to test the colors without impacting the overall appearance of your project.
- Clean the surface: Remove any dirt, dust, or debris from the surface to ensure proper stain adhesion and color representation. Use a gentle cleaner, and avoid any harsh chemicals that could damage the surface.
- Allow to dry completely: Wait for the surface to completely dry before moving on to the next step. This will prevent any moisture from interfering with the stain application and drying process.
- Shake the Portico™ Stain bottle: Vigorously shake the 4-ounce stain bottle to mix the stain and ensure any pigment settled at the bottom is evenly distributed.
- Saturate the foam applicator: Dip the foam applicator brush into the bottle and saturate it completely with the stain.
- Apply two coats of stain: Using the saturated foam applicator, apply one coat of the stain to the surface. Allow it to dry before applying a second coat. This will ensure full coverage and proper color representation.
- Allow to dry: Let the stain dry completely, which will take at least 8 hours. The color may appear faint after drying, but don't worry – it will become more vibrant once the sealer is applied. Be patient and allow the stain to dry for the recommended time to achieve the best results.
- Apply the sealer: The sealer is an essential part of the process, as it locks the color in place and provides the actual final color. Apply the sealer evenly over the stained area using a clean foam applicator brush.
IMPORTANT: The color stain will wash off if the sealer is not applied. Skipping the sealer step will not give you the actual final color of the test.
Once you have completed these steps, you can accurately evaluate the final color and make an informed decision about which Portico™ Stain color to use on your project. Remember, the sealer is a crucial component of the process, so be sure to apply it to see the true final color. Always follow the caution statement and take necessary precautions while using the Portico™ Stain Trial Kit to ensure a safe and successful staining experience.
Disclaimer: Direct Colors does not warranty or guarantee results (outcomes). Concrete variations or improper application may cause unintended results. Test product on an inconspicuous or small area and allow to fully cure to ensure compatibility and desired result.