is a highly saturated, professional grade outdoor concrete stain specifically formulated to color concrete pavers. Portico is the perfect outdoor concrete stain for your patio, driveway, and everywhere else you use concrete pavers.
Application Tool: Pump sprayer
Cleanup: Mineral spirits
Coverage: Aproximately 200 sq. ft. per gallon depending on concrete porosity
Recommended Uses: Concrete brick paver patios, driveways, pool decks, walkways or any rough concrete surfaces
Note: Since this is a made to-order-product, we cannot offer refunds, exchanges, or returns.
Due to DOT-ORM-D regulations, this product cannot be expedited and can only be shipped by ground.
Portico is a semi-transparent stain, and not opaque, like paint. It will add a tint to your concrete pavers while allowing the existing texture to show through. It has twice the pigment of Direct Colors Antiquing
WHERE TO APPLY PORTICO STAIN
New or exisiting exterior concrete paver surfaces such as: Patios, Driveways, Pool Decks, and Walkways.
WHEN NOT TO APPLY PORTICO STAIN
DO NOT apply Portico Stain in poorly ventilated areas and/or very smooth concrete surfaces.
New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days, and may be influenced by wet or dry weather
Remove dirt and debris using a Concrete Cleaner & Degreaser Concentrate
Clean floor thoroughly and make sure it is completely rinsed and dry before staining
· Protect surrounding areas from backplash with drop cloths or firm cardboard
· When working with multiple colors, do not apply tape to surfaces recently coated with stain or sealer, as adhesive may remove the coatings
· Shake Portico Paver Stain bottle thoroughly
· Pour the stain directly into a pump sprayer
· Continue to shake periodically during application to ensure particulate does not settle at the bottom
· Tip: Practice spraying on a piece of cardboard or newspaper
· Important: Test the color first, using a small corner area of your concrete paver floor
· Tip: Wear chemical resistant Spiked Shoes to prevent foot prints
· Apply Portico Paver Stain using a random, straight or circular motion until a "wet" appearance is achieved
· Allow 6 - 8 hours to dry before applying additional coats
· To complete the staining, a protective finish must be applied. Use a premium, easy-to-use sealer such as Direct Colors Acrylic Concrete Sealers
· Allow stain to dry 8 hours before applying a high quiality solvent-based acrylic concrete sealer
· For a perfect seal that protects your hard work for years to come, read our How to Apply Acrylic Concrete Sealer instructions
Click/Tap each question to hide/show the answers.
What is the recommended use for Portico stain?
Portico was designed for those more porous concrete surfaces and concrete pavers.
What should I use to apply portico stain?
The best application tool is a pump-up fence and deck sprayer. When using a sprayer to apply portico stain, be sure to remove any filters, these can normally be found at the top or bottom of the straw in the canister. By not removing the filter, this will cause you to only spray the clear liquid onto your surface, the filter will hold back the pigment from being sprayed out. For closer applications or desired look, a sponge or foam brush can also be used.
When can I apply sealer over my portico stain?
Allow the portico stain to dry and off-gas for 6-8 hours on exterior surfaces before applying our acrylic solvent-based sealer
Can I use more than one color, and can they be mixed?
No, do not mix the portico stains, but multiple colors can be layered to achieve the desired look. Typically, we recommend starting with your lightest color and build up to the darker colors.
What is the difference in Antiquing stain and Portico stain?
These two products are very similar. Antiquing stain was designed for stamped and textured concrete, and Portico stain was designed for flatter, more porous surfaces such as pavers.