Stained Brushed Concrete Driveway
by Tom Kettler
October 2020 – $250 Cash Winner
What was the approximate size of your project?
3500 Sq. Ft.
We would love to hear any personal tips about your project that may help another Direct Colors customer do one of their own
- Tip #1 – Use 1/2″ nap roller instead of 3/8″ on driveways with brush finish.
- Tip #2 – I had a couple of very little areas that the sealer turned white, just used a little xylene and a paint brush to work in a circular motion then let dry and applied sealer again.
- Tip #3 – Look at videos and do your research.
- Tip #4 – Take your time and don’t seal until you are 100% happy.
- Tip #5 – There are no rules you need to abide when acid staining. BE CREATIVE!
What products did you use to complete your project?
- 5 gal. Malayan Buff EverStain acid stain
- 5 gal. Coffee Brown EverStain acid stain
- 5 gal. Solvent-based, glossy acrylic sealer
- Spiked shoes
- Two 1 gal. pump sprayers
- 1/2 ” nap 18″ roller for sealer
- Plastic for siding
- 4 gal. of ammonia
How long did your project take to complete?
6 days total
- Day 1 – Power wash
- Day 2 – Stain application
- Day 3 – More stains and touch ups
- Day 4 – Neutralized
- Day 5 – First coat of sealer application
- Day 6 – Second coat of sealer application