- To mix with an epoxy sealer, pour all or part of the contents of the 2 oz container of metallic pigment powder into the resin and carefully fold it into the resin using the wooden stir stick.
- Stir for at least two minutes until completely combined.
- Allow metallic pigment and resin mixture to rest for five to 10 minutes and stir again for good suspension before adding the hardener. Add the hardener to the resin and thoroughly mix according to the tips below.
First and foremost - remember that working with metallic epoxy pigment is a creative process!
- Use more or less metallic color pigments to create surface designs or expose more of the countertop base color. While contrasting base colors aren't required, it does provide more color variation and "pop" for the metallic color coat.
- Create a countertop base color using acid stain, concrete pigment, or tinted concrete sealer.
- Metallic pigment powder can be used with other sealers, but will result in a much flatter result than with an epoxy sealer. You could mix the metallic pigments with a sealer and then brush it on decoratively, following that up with a coat of a clear sealer.