Direct Colors’ Hard Troweled Floor Pre-Treatment Solution is used to add texture to smooth concrete floors and ultra-smooth pre-cast countertops.
This product treats concrete to ensure that stains, dyes, and other colorants will be accepted by the concrete surface. Hard Troweled Floor Pre-Treatment is easily prepared by mixing with water into a pump sprayer.
Dirty floors with paint overspray or light drywall mud contamination can be cleaned using Hard Trowel Floor Prep in addition to etching the concrete for acid stain or concrete sealer application.
Application Tool: Pump sprayer, Foam Brush
Dry Time: Allow solution to remain active for 20 minutes before washing off
Cleanup: Neutralize with clean water after 20 minutes
Coverage: 200 sq. ft. per gallon
Recommended Uses: Smooth concrete surfaces and pre-cast concrete countertops
MIXING INSTRUCTIONS AND COVERAGE RATES
For a full strength concentration, mix each packet with the appropriate amount of water (1-quart bag per quart of water, 1-gallon bag per gallon of water and 5-gallon bag per gallons of water) in a 5-gallon plastic bucket until the material is completely dissolved.
The product should only be used full strength for heavily soiled or burnished concrete floors. Always conduct a test area prior to the actual project application.
- For very smooth concrete floors, add one part full strength Hard Trowel Floor Prep to two parts water (2:1). Mix thoroughly.Use a more concentrated 1:1 solution for intense etching action on excessively smooth floors with black spots and/or obvious surface fractures.
- Each gallon, diluted or full strength, will cover approximately 200 sq. ft. per gallon. Hard Troweled Floor Pre-Treatment can cause a slight darkening of the concrete after application. This in no way inhibits acid stain reactivity or sealer adhesion.
- Apply 2:1 for cleaning floors and as a pre-treatment for staining concrete countertops and sealer application.
HARD TROWELED PREP APPLICATION
- Clean the concrete surface with Direct Colors Concrete Cleaner and Degreaser
- Rinse thoroughly
- Using a foam brush, apply to small test areas with different concentrations to determine which dilution produces the best results.
- The product should be sprayed from a pump-up sprayer or spray bottle for countertops in a consistent manner over the entire surface for uniform etching and/or cleaning.
- The Hard Troweled Floor Pre-Treatment should not be poured directly onto the floor or countertop and swept over the surface.
- Use a wet/dry vacuum or sweep off the surface to remove and allow to dry.
Click/Tap each question to hide/show the answers.