SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: Remember to wear protective gloves and eyewear when handling these chemicals to prevent skin and eye irritation.
CAUTION: EasySeal™ is flammable, harmful if swallowed, or inhaled. Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Store and use with adequate ventilation, allowing airflow to disperse vapors. Before applying EasySeal™, open windows and doors and extinguish all open flames such as gas appliance pilot lights, candles, etc. Do not smoke, use a lighter or matches, or anything that could cause a potential spark.
WHERE TO USE
CAUTION: Sealed surfaces may become slippery when wet. Exercise caution when walking on the surface during periods of moisture. To prevent having to walk on wet material during application, we recommend applying the product in sections. To further avoid slippery surfaces, consider adding a Non-Slip Additive to the top coat.
- This product can be used on both Vertical and Horizontal surfaces, as well as Interior or Exterior locations. Suitable surfaces include Pavers, Concrete, Mexican Tile and Unglazed Tiles, Brick, Aggregate, Natural and Artificial Stone, Masonry, and Stucco.
- EasySeal™ is not recommended for use on Wood, Metal, Granite, Marble, Terrazzo. Additionally, areas immediately adjacent to pools or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure should be avoided. Please do not use over Oil-Based products.
- Allow new concrete to cure for a minimum of 30 days.
- Cover all areas at risk of over-spray using a plastic drop cloth.
- If you are dealing with new or smooth concrete, apply CitrusEtch™. Neutralize the surface afterwards with ProClean Neutralizer™ and ensure it's rinsed thoroughly.
- Clean existing surfaces that are in good condition using ProClean Degreaser™.
- If you're working with new stamped concrete, remove the release agent using ProClean Degreaser™ before sealing.
- Strip painted or previously sealed surfaces using Soy Gel Stripper.
- In case of previously carpeted surfaces, use Bean-E-Doo® Mastic Remover to eliminate carpet glue or other adhesives.
- Allow the concrete to thoroughly dry before application. To ensure it's completely dry, let it sit for at least 24 hours, or until there are no signs of moisture.
Please note that horizontal surfaces may experience excessive wear and, as a result, periodic touch-ups may be required.
- Do not thin the product. Ensure you stir or shake it well before applying.
- The product should be used when the temperature is between 40-95°F (4-35°C). Avoid application under direct sunlight or on wet surfaces, and refrain from applying if rain or heavy dew is expected within the next 24 hours.
- Start applying the product from a far corner to ensure a clear path to exit. Use a pump sprayer with an adjustable tip to spray EasySeal™ concrete sealer on the surface in slightly circular motions with irregular overlaps. Make sure to apply thin coats to prevent puddling. Importantly, ensure all filters are removed from the pump sprayer before use.
- Aim for a spread rate of 200 sq. ft. (19 m2) per gallon. The actual spread rate can vary significantly depending on the surface's roughness and porosity.
- Allow at least eight hours for the first coat to dry before applying a second one. You can use your thumbnail to see if the coat dents or scratches; if it does, allow more time for it to cure.
- Apply a second coat following the same method as the first coat. Do not exceed a maximum of two thin coats in total.
- Pour EasySeal™ into a paint tray. Use a 3/8th nap roller to apply the first thin coat, rolling in one direction only. Avoid applying pressure to the roller as it can cause streaking—let the weight of the roller do the work.
- Allow at least eight hours before applying the second coat. Use your thumbnail to see if the coat dents or scratches; if it does, allow more time for it to cure.
- Apply a second coat in the opposite direction, following the same method as the first coat.
- Remember, for added protection and a higher gloss finish, more thin coats can be applied. However, limit the application to no more than 3 thin coats in total.
- Be aware that longer dry times are required in cooler temperatures and in conditions of higher humidity.
- Allow the sealed surface to dry for at least 16 hours before it is exposed to light foot traffic.
- Wait for 32 hours before repositioning furniture or allowing heavy foot traffic on the surface.
- After 30 days, the surface can be cleaned with ProClean Degreaser™.
- Uncured Sealer: Clean all tools and supplies using Xylene.
- Cured Sealer: Clean all tools and supplies using Soy Gel Stripper.
DISPOSALProperly dispose of all soiled rags.
For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
Ensure that these procedures are followed in order to maintain a safe and clean work environment and comply with waste disposal regulations.
Disclaimer: Direct Colors does not warranty or guarantee results (outcomes). Concrete variations or improper application may cause unintended results. Test product on an inconspicuous or small area and allow to fully cure to ensure compatibility and desired result.