- Project Completed In: 7 day(s)
- Estimate of Square Footage: 400 sq. ft.
- Project Description: I own a 40 year old bi-level home. I had been experiencing frequent flooding from all the rain the past couple years so I decided to try staining the concrete. This was a big task taking out the old carpet and tack strips and nails but it was all worth it. I must say prep was the hardest and most important step of the whole project. It took a week to do between all the dry times and extra prep. The videos and information found on the direct colors website was amazing in helping with my project.
- Personal Tip: My personal tips would be to not rush and take your time with the prep. When people say it’s the most important I couldn’t agree more. Also, take pride in your imperfections!
- Direct Colors Products Used:
EverStain acid stain and seal kit in black
Residential concrete floor wax
- Other Products Used:
I used a general floor adhesive remover from home depot for the really stubborn stains that the degreaser could not remove.