| |DecoGel™ Acid Stain is a versatile and easy-to-use solution for adding a unique and eye-catching finish to your concrete projects. This acid-based gel is specially formulated for vertical applications, allowing you to easily apply it to walls, columns, and other similar surfaces without worrying about drips or runs. The end result is a bright and variegated surface that is unlike any other. DecoGel™ Acid Stain Trial Kits are also available for DecoGel™ Acid Stain.
When used in conjunction with EverStain Liquid Acid Stain, DecoGel™ can be applied to both vertical and horizontal surfaces, giving you even more design options. And with the right sealer, the stain will stay vibrant and long-lasting for years to come. So if you want to add some flair and personality to your concrete projects, DecoGel™ Acid Stain is the perfect choice.
- Application Tool: Foam brush, foam roller or artist brush
- Dry Time: 5-6 hours before applying concrete sealer
- Cleanup: ProClean Degreaser™ & ProClean Neutralizer™
- Coverage: Approximately 150 - 200 sq. ft. per gallon depending on concrete porosity
- Top Coat Sealer: EasySeal™, EasySeal™, Penetrating Sealer or Epoxy Sealer
- Recommended Uses: Concrete walls, stamped concrete, concrete brick pavers, rough concrete, cultured stone, previously acid stained concrete surface
Note: Since this is a made to-order-product, we cannot offer refunds, exchanges, or returns.
Due to DOT-ORM-D regulations, this product cannot be expedited and can only be shipped by ground.
Step 1: Surface Preparation
- Cover areas at risk of over-spray with plastic drop cloth
- Newly poured concrete must cure for 30 days prior to application
- For existing concrete:
- Verify absorption by pouring a cup of water in various areas. If not absorbed within 5 minutes, etch the surface with Hard Troweled Floor Pre-Treatment or mechanically etch with a floor sander or grinder
- Rinse thoroughly and allow the concrete to dry before stain Application
Step 2: Application
Coverage rate is approximately 200 square feet per gallon. Coverage rates may vary based on concrete texture, porosity, and application method.
NOTE: DecoGel™ should be acclimated to ambient temperature. Before applying, surface temperature must be above 40°F (4°C) but not over 95°F (35°C).
- Apply a generous coat using a foam brush, foam roller, artist brush or plastic trowel
- Allow the stain to develop color over time, usually 4-6 hours. (Darker colors may take longer)
- Once desired color has developed, remove excess DecoGel™ and neutralize the stained surface using ProClean Neutralizer™
- Spray a saturating coat of neutralizer onto stained concrete. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes
- After 15-20 minutes, use a scrub brush and water to scrub the surface completely clean of all stain residue
- Continue cleaning and rinsing until the rinse water runs clear. For interior applications, use a shop vac to remove rinse water
- Allow cleaned surface to dry thoroughly before sealing
- As the floor dries, the color will begin to look chalky and faded. This is normal and should not cause concern. The color will “pop” once sealer is applied
Step 3: Seal
Tools & Supplies:
- DecoGel™ will only react with the Portland Cement in your concrete, not exposed aggregate or sand particles
- Some colors vary more than others. Many factors determine how the color will turn out, such as age of concrete, cement content, and weathering
- Use soap, baking soda, and water to clean tools and equipment. Use up or dry out extra material and dispose of it according to local regulations. Do not pour into sewer systems or storm drains
- If applying more than one color, begin with the darkest color accents, applying where you wish to see them. Then apply the lighter colors over the entire area
Disclaimer: Direct Colors does not warrant or guarantee results (outcomes). Concrete variations or improper application may cause unintended results. Test product on an inconspicuous or small area and allow to fully cure to ensure compatibility and desired result.